Sunday, December 7, 2008

Korokke (croquette in French)


Today, I would like to talk about Japanese deep fried dish called "KOROKKE".
Korokke is related to French dish called "croquette". 
Korokke is popular among Japanese kids because its sweet, and soft.
Japanese stated to eat korokket in early 19oos. 
My friend told me that korokke is popular in South Korea. They sell it in bakeries. 


Korokke is made by mushed potatoes with chopped meat (beef) or seafood, such as, crab, shrimp, etc.
Some people like eat it with only potatoes and vegetables. 

It rolled in wheat flour, egg, and breadcrums and deeply fried with oil until brown on the outside. People eat Korokke with sweet sauce and sliced cabbage. 


I love crab my mom cooked crab korokke very much because it is very soft, creamy, and
sweet. It perfectly match with fresh sliced cabbage and sauce. 

Try that out tonight!!!!

Some information from Wikipedia
All pictures are from Google



No comments: